Progressive Krav Maga
takes the techniques and drills of Combat and Tactical Krav Maga and
them specifically to the Australian self defence environment.
The PKM syllabus has been designed with
this in mind.
Krav Maga is a tactical martial system developed in Israel (by and for
the Israeli Military) that consists of a wide combination of techniques
sourced from boxing, Muay Thai, Wing Chun, Judo, jiu-jitsu, wrestling,
and grappling while using realistic fight training methods. Krav Maga is
known for its focus on real-world situations and extremely efficient
and brutal counter-attacks.
Progressive Krav Maga encourages and
teaches students to avoid confrontation. If this is impossible or
unsafe, it promotes finishing a fight as quickly as possible. Attacks
are aimed at the most vulnerable parts of the body, and training is not
limited to techniques that avoid severe injury. Drills provide maximum
safety to students by the use of protective equipment and the use of
reasonable force. Students learn to defend against all variety of
attacks and are taught to counter in the quickest and most efficient
If you are looking for a martial art that has no fluff, no nonsense and
no bull, but just simple to the point and brutal personal protection
then Krav Maga is for you. If you want to be able to defend yourself,
your family and friends then Progressive Krav Maga is definitely for
Progressive Krav Maga has
been designed for the BJC by members with extensive hands on experience
across all Security and Law Enforcement occupations in Australia including Andrew Barram and Ben Coleman, who instructed our instructors.
* Urban survival tactics and environmental awareness.
* Street level striking and rapid incapacitation techniques.
* Escape from locks and holds.
* Pistol and rifle tactics and disarms.
* Knife and edged weapon defence.
* Blunt instrument defence.
* Street level takedowns and strategy.
* Tactical sparring drills for the real world environment.
* Handling multiple attackers.
* Krav Maga close quarters sparring for confined space combat.
* Tactical ground defence and disengagement.
* Legal considerations and Self Defence.
Here is a small video of PKM training.
And a look at some of the fighting techniques we teach.